Monday, October 13, 2008

Ironman Hawaii 2008

I'm back from the 2008 Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii. This year Jack and Adam's had a strong representation in the pro field with Michael Lovato, James Bonney, Desiree Ficker, and Pat Evoe all flying the J&A colors on the Big Island. I was out there doing mechanical support at the event for Deepak Patel with Premium Plus Sports. Every year he brings out many athletes and their families for the event. It was my fourth trip to the IM World Championships and I can guarantee it will not be my last.

In the picture I am preparing Michael Lovato's wheels for race day. Equipped with Ceramic bearings and two high pressure tubulars, he was able to finish once again in 9th place overall and secure a portion of the prize purse and a slot into next year's Ironman World Championships.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: