Thursday, July 15, 2010

Shop ride Sundays: NW, Hills and South

This week is one of those rare times we will be all going our own way. I'll be taking the no-drop ride South, 10-miles out, 10-miles back; The Tempo Multisport Intermediate group will be doing the popular Hill Climbing/Descending clinic; and Zac will be taking the Advanced group NW for a longer ride with hills.

But we are not done there. As always there will be Taco deli tacos afterwards, and cold water. This week I'll be doing a repeat of my transition clinic post-ride to practice for Jacks Generic Triathlon.

We'll go through the basics over in Butler Park and you'll have a chance to practice mounts and dismounts. You can then try out some of the speed tricks like mounting with your shoes already in the pedals, I'll also explain what not to do so you don't end up like this fool.

Yes, after 10-years of lightening fast transitions, I made a stupid mistake at last years Marble Falls triathlon, no harm done. So bring running shoes, hats even a towel if you want. At last weeks Couples Triathlon my T1 time was 1:32 including the run up the hill, and my T2 time 1-minute...

Photo by Kevin Saunders of KGS Bikes, San Antonio.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Jim said...

can you post a little more detail on the two rides (south and hill clinic). Can't decide which I'm in the mood for.

Thanks

J