Wednesday, April 15, 2009

USAT National Board Nomination

Jack & Adam's Bicycles is endorsing Candy Cheatham for the USA Triathlon South Midwest Region National Board of Directors. Staff members Jack, Zane, Drew and Stacy have known Candy Cheatham personally for many years and can attest to her superior knowledge and love of the sport. Candy is a great person and a huge asset to the multisport community. Here is her platform:




"It has been my honor to serve on the SMW Regional Board from 2001-2008. I have served as chairperson of the SMW Regional Championship Race Selection Committee (2003) SMW Regional Vice-President (2004) and SMW Regional President (2005-2008) In January 2006 I was elected chairperson of the regional presidents’ committee which meant I acted as liaison between the Regional Presidents and the USAT Board of Directors. As chair of the presidents’ committee I attended every face-to-face national board meeting for 3 years. I presently serve on the Strategic Planning Committee and the International Relations Committee for USA Triathlon. I have also served on the Hall of Fame Selection Committee and a task force that was formed to address USAT governance issues. I presently serve on the ITU Women’s Commission. I feel that my experiences on the regional and national level have prepared me to serve the South Midwest Region on the National Board of Directors.

I am a resident of Corpus Christi, Texas who has always been passionate about running. In 1998 I was introduced to multisport. Instantly I knew I had found my real passion. I am no longer able to compete but I have remained actively involved. I began officiating in 2000 and have worked my way up to a Category 1 USAT Official. I also officiate in the USAT Technical Officials Program for draft legal ITU style racing. I am presently a Level III Official in this program. I have officiated some Ironman Races (Kona and Clearwater) I feel that fair and consistent races are important to our members and I enjoy helping in this way.

Professionally I am a retired school counselor. My experience and training in this area has enhanced my ability to work with the many members of our vast region and represent their varied interests fairly. My years of service have always been characterized by transparency and honesty. I sincerely want to serve our membership. As I always say it’s your region and your money. I welcome your questions and concerns.

I want athletes, race directors, officials, coaches, and volunteers to feel they have input on governance issues. I have always practiced the open door policy. Communications is vital. I have conducted the regional board in an open and democratic manner. If elected I will continue to serve in a professional manner, and I will always strive to represent the entire membership of our region."


She's got our vote! We encourage you to please take a moment to print out the below form and bring it into the shop or email it back to: newsletter@jackandadams.com. We'll also have the forms available at the shop. All forms must be in by June 1st.


Click on image to enlarge and print.




Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: