DE-CLUTTER: Do you have about a million race t-shirts or water bottles cluttering up your closets and cabinets? Instead of tossing them into the trash, toss them into one of our Green Team Bicycle Re-Cycle bins. There are bins for tubes/tires; bike gear such as chain, pedals, and shifters; and one for cycling & running shoes, workout clothes, race t-shirts and re-usable water bottles. You might consider it trash, but someone else might really want that neon yellow volunteer race shirt.
FITNESS: Get into shape FOR FREE by coming to the community workouts that Jack & Adam's has to offer. We have classes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday:
- MON @ 5:30 PM: SHOP WORKOUT - CORE/CALISTHENICS ~1 hr
- TUE @ 5:20 PM: Shop Track / Run Workout - Coach Mixon Henry leads a great FREE run workout every Tuesday starting at Jack & Adam's at 5:20PM. All levels training for all distances welcome.
- WED @ 5:30 PM: SHOP WORKOUT - CORE/CALISTHENICS ~1 hr
- SUN @ 8:30 AM: SHOP Ride - Followed by tacos ~ 30-50 mile group @ 17 to 20 mph. 20 mile no drop ride. Join us for our weekly casual road ride followed by breakfast tacos and coffee.
- When: Meet at 8:15am and roll out at 8:30am
- Where: Jack and Adams parking lot
- Distance: 20-50 miles; 3 hours
- Pace: Steady intermediate pace 17-20 plus mph. Mostly flat with some rolling hills and regrouping points. No drop 20 mile ride pace depends on the group. We wait for the final rider.
- Bonus: Finish up with breakfast tacos at The Shop!
TRI GOALS: If you've been thinking about doing a triathlon, then let 2010 be the year to do it! Get on board early & sign up now to have a goal to keep you motivated! The Texas Tri Series offers a build up of distances starting in May and ending in September. You can do all of them, or pick and choose. The first ones of the series (The Rookie Tri and Skeese Greets Women's Tri) are sprint distances of 300 meter swim, 11 mile bike and 2 mile run. "Sprint" doesn't mean you have to sprint! Get off the couch, sign up now and don't look back! Make 2010 a great one!